The buyers agree to pay a broker fee to Inloher of $250 or 5% of the vehicle Sale Price (whatever is higher) not including Copart fees, for each vehicle purchased. Florida residents agree to pay $350 or 5% of the vehicle Sale Price (whatever is higher) not including Copart fees. Inloher reserves the right to modify the transaction fee at any time without notice.
The buyer agrees to pay Copart auction fees for each vehicle purchased based on the following tables:
Buyer Fee Sale Price Range Fee $0.01 - $99.99 $25.00 $100.00 - $199.99 $55.00 $200.00 - $399.99 $95.00 $400.00 - $599.99 $125.00 $600.00 - $799.99 $165.00 $800.00 - $999.99 $195.00 $1,000.00 - $1,199.99 $225.00 $1,200.00 - $1,399.99 $260.00 $1,400.00 - $1,699.99 $300.00 $1,700.00 - $1,999.99 $330.00 $2,000.00 - $2,499.99 $410.00 $2,500.00 - $2,999.99 $470.00 $3,000.00 - $4,999.99 $565.00 $5,000.00 - $9,999.99 $700.00 $10,000.00 - $12,499.99 $850.00 $12,500.00 - $999,999.00 7% of Sales Price Homeowners Items 25% of Sales Price
Buyer Fee Schedule for Copart Facilities Listed below:
Buyer Fee Sale Price Range Fee $0.01 - $49.99 $25.00 $50.00 - $99.99 $35.00 $100.00 - $199.99 $60.00 $200.00 - $299.99 $95.00 $300.00 - $399.99 $115.00 $400.00 - $599.99 $150.00 $600.00 - $799.99 $175.00 $800.00 - $999.99 $210.00 $1,000.00 - $1,199.99 $250.00 $1,200.00 - $1,249.99 $275.00 $1,250.00 - $1,399.99 $295.00 $1,400.00 - $1,699.99 $325.00 $1,700.00 - $1,899.99 $350.00 $1,900.00 - $1,999.99 $385.00 $2,000.00 - $2,499.99 $435.00 $2,500.00 - $2,999.99 $475.00 $3,000.00 - $4,999.99 $550.00 $5,000.00 - $9,999.99 $750.00 $10,000.00 - $15,999.99 $925.00 $16,000.00 - $999,999.00 7% of Sales Price Homeowners Items 25% of Sales Price
AZ – PHOENIX FL – MIAMI CENTRAL OK – OKLAHOMA CITY AZ – TUCSON FL – MIAMI NORTH OR – PORTLAND NORTH CA - HAYWARD FL – MIAMI SOUTH TX – ABILENE CA – LOS ANGELES FL – WEST PALM BEACH TX – AUSTIN CA – MARTINEZ GA – ATLANTA EAST TX – DALLAS CA – RANCHO CUCAMONGA GA – ATLANTA WEST TX – EL PASO CA – SACRAMENTO LA – BATON ROUGE TX – FT. WORTH CA – SAN BERNARDINO LA – NEW ORLEANS TX – HOUSTON CA – SAN DIEGO NJ – SOMERVILLE TX – LUFKIN CA – SAN JOSE NJ – TRENTON TX – MCALLEN CA – VALLEJO NV – LAS VEGAS TX – SAN ANTONIO CA – VAN NUYS NY - NEWBURGH
- Internet Bid Fees. Copart offers bidding kiosks in the lobbies of all of its facilities. These kiosks can be used to place preliminary bids on vehicles located at that particular yard. If a winning bid was placed on a vehicle using a kiosk located at that yard, no internet fees are assessed against that vehicle. If the winning high bid was placed over the internet, whether placed through Preliminary Bidding or through Virtual Bidding on VB2 – the following fees will apply: a fee of $35.00 for sale prices from $1.00 up to $999.99, a fee of $50.00 for sale prices from $1,000.00-$1,999.99, a fee of $75.00 for sale prices of $2,000.00 or higher.
- Gate Fee. A $30.00 Gate/Loading fee is assessed to all vehicles. This fee covers the movement of the vehicle from Copart's sale/storage facilities to the buyer's loading area. For buyers whom are picking up the vehicle up with vehicle transporters, this fee covers the time and manpower required to assist the driver in loading the vehicle onto the truck. Drivers are 100% responsible for securing their load at all times.
- Additional Fees (if applicable). If a vehicle and all applicable fees are not completely paid within 3 business days, including the sale day, a fee of $50.00 per vehicle will be assessed. In addition, storage will begin to accrue on vehicles at the rate of $20.00 per day after 7 days, including sale day if the high bid was placed over the internet or after 3 days, including sale day, if the high bid was place during preliminary biding using a kiosk at the yard.
- Copart Fees. The buyer agrees to pay Copart auction fees for each vehicle purchased based on the following tables:
- Payment of Vehicles. Payments for vehicles purchased through Inloher are due within 2 working days (not including auction day, i.e., if auction is on Monday, payments is due by 5.00pm EST on Wednesday). Payment for vehicles must be made to Inloher with a deposit to Inloher's bank account, by a Wire Transfer or with a Cashier's Check, NO OTHER WAY OF PAYMENT INCLUDING CREDID CARD, PAYPAL.COM, WESTERN UNION, GOOGLE CHECK OUT, OR ANY OTHER SYSTEM IS ACCEPTED. In the event the payment is not received within seven (7) calendar days of the sale date, the Buyer shall be considered to have forfeited their security deposit and Inloher shall have the right to cancel the sale. All vehicle payments must be made to Inloher NOT TO COPART, under no circumstances the Buyer is allow to pay vehicles at a Copart facility.
- Late Payment Fee: In the event the payment of a vehicle is not received within the allotted time, a late payment fee of 50.00 USD will apply to that vehicle.
- Storage Fee. If the high bid was placed over the Internet, storage fees will begin to accrue on each vehicle at the rate of $20.00 per day after seven (7) days, including sale day. For a high bid placed during preliminary bidding using a kiosk at the yard, storage fee will begin to accrue on each vehicle at the rate of $20.00 per day after three (3) days, including sale day.
- Relisting Fee. In the event the vehicle payment is not received within seven (7) calendar days of the sale date, the Buyer agrees that Inloher may, in its sole and absolute discretion, cancel the sale and Copart may relist the vehicle for sale. Buyer agrees to pay Inloher the relist fee of $400 or 10% of the sale price, whichever is greater. This fee will be taken from the Security Deposit paid in advance to Inloher. The Buyer is also responsible for any and all collection costs, including attorney fees and court costs. Buyers who fail to fulfill their obligations are subject to revocation of their membership.
- Sales Cancelation Fee (previously called "Unpaid Vehicles Fee"). The buyer agrees to pay a $250 sale cancelation fee, if any of the parties cancels the purchase, regardless of the reason, and/or the buyer doesn't pay the purchased vehicle within the allotted time. The buyer authorizes Inloher to deduct this amount from the security deposit on fund, or from any other payment made by the buyer. If this is not possible, the buyer authorizes Inloher to charge the credit/debit card on file for the respective amount. If the payment is declined then the buyer must make this payment by wire transfer or direct bank deposit, in this case the buyer will have two (2) business days to make this payment, during which the membership will be suspended. If the payment is not received within the allotted time the membership will be revoked. The Buyer will be responsible for any and all collection costs, including attorney fees and court costs.
Florida law requires a six (6) percent sales tax to be collected on sales price of a motor vehicle, mobile home, or vessel. Effective July 1, 2010, the maximum total sales tax and discretionary sales surtax to be collected on a vessel is $18,000. For a sale of a motor vehicle, mobile home or vessel located in the state of Florida, by a Florida motor vehicle dealer, to a resident of another state, within the United States, the tax imposed is the amount of sales tax that would be imposed by the purchaser's home state; however, it is not to exceed the Florida 6% tax rate.
SALES TAX RATE AND TAX CREDIT APPLICATION AS OF 11/30/2011
STATE SALES TAX RATE IS CREDIT ALLOWED BY OTHER STATE FOR TAX PAID IN FLORIDA? ALABAMA 2% YES ALASKA 0% NO ARIZONA 6.6% YES ARKANSAS 6% NO CALIFORNIA 8.25% YES COLORADO 2.9% YES CONNECTICUT 6.35% (7% for motor vehicles with sales price exceeding $50,000) YES DELAWARE 0% YES (If re-titled in Delaware within 90 days from date of the Florida title.) DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 0% NO FLORIDA 6% GEORGIA 4% YES HAWAII 0% YES IDAHO 6% YES ILLINOIS 6.25% YES INDIANA 7% YES IOWA 0% YES KANSAS 6.3% YES KENTUCKY 0% for motor vehicles sold to KY residents YES LOUISIANA 4% YES MAINE 5% YES MARYLAND 0% NO MASSACHUSETTS 6.25% YES MICHIGAN 6% YES MINNESOTA 6.5% YES MISSISSIPPI 5% on motor vehicles and light trucks 10,000 lbs. or less 3% on semi-trailers and trucks over 10,000 lbs. 7% on motorcycles NO (except for mobile homes) NO (except for mobile homes) MISSOURI 4.225% YES MONTANA 0% NO NEBRASKA 5.5% YES (up to 5.5%) NEVADA 6.85,7.10,7.475,7.6, 7.725 OR 8.10% DEPENDING ON COUNTY YES NEW HAMPSHIRE 0% NO NEW JERSEY 7% YES NEW MEXICO 0% YES NEW YORK 4% YES NORTH CAROLINA 0% YES NORTH DAKOTA 0% YES OHIO 5.5% YES OKLAHOMA 0% NO OREGON 0% NO PENNSYLVANIA 6% YES RHODE ISLAND 7% YES SOUTH CAROLINA 5% (not to exceed $300) YES SOUTH DAKOTA 0% NO TENNESSEE 7% YES TEXAS 6.25% YES UTAH 4.70% YES VERMONT 6% YES VIRGINIA 3% ($35 minimum) YES WASHINGTON 6.8% YES WEST VIRGINIA 5% (on motor vehicles over $500) $25 tax on motor vehicles less than $500 NO WISCONSIN 5% YES WYOMING 4% YES
- Visits to the yards. In some instances, Copart may charge an entry fee. Please contact the Copart yard prior to visiting.
- Copart Mailing Fee. The buyer is responsible for paying the broker a $10.00 mailing fee that Copart charges for mailing the vehicle's documents to the broker.
- Broker Mailing Fee Non Florida resident buyers are responsible for paying the broker a $10.00 mailing fee. The documents are sent by USPS Certified Mail. If the buyer wishes to have the documents mailed by a different currier, overnight or to an international address, the buyer must contact the broker for pricing and pay the mailing fee in advanced.